This is your 6X6 opportunity to bring your writing to the notice of potential readers so please do spread the word on your twitter feeds and blog/web pages.
Writers/performers are actively encouraged to bring their published books for sale – especially those with a new/recently published title to promote.
If you would like your work to be considered for a 6×6 cafe please check out the ‘about’ page and read the guidelines below:
- One submission per writer for any one event. Each reading should last for no longer than six minutes. (850 to 1000 words)
- Fiction is our focus but some non-fiction is acceptable. All genres considered. (Sorry – no poetry).
- Pieces written specifically for 6×6 are welcome.
- Both published and new/forthcoming materials are welcome as a part-work (i.e. a section from a novel or short story). Where part-works are submitted they should make sense within the six minute form.
- Your submission should be emailed to sixbysixevents @ gmail.com by the date provided on the relevant blog event.
- Tag your covering email with you name and title of your piece (this is because emails and attachments can become detached and may be discounted as a result).
- Please include any links to your blog/web site listing your writing credits in your covering email.
- Submissions must be in either a Doc, Word or RTF file format and labelled with you name and title of your piece. e.g. “Walking the Dog by John Smith entry for (event) 6X6”
- Include a short (50 word approx) biography including recent writing credits for use should you be selected.
- The Library staff are happy to assist writers without internet access to submit material.
- Writers may be invited to remain in reserve for an individual cafe, but in the interest of fairness we do hold work over from one event to the next. Fresh submissions must be made for each 6X6.
- We reserve the right to refuse work that we feel is unsuitable for a 6×6 audience, especially in the areas of gender/racial/sexual or other forms of discrimination.
Note: 6X6 is a platform for authors to showcase work and does not incorporate writing competitions, workshops or feedback on work in progress.
Having a body of work in publication is not essential for any writer wanting to part in a 6X6 event but authors with books to promote are actively encouraged to get involved!